Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!


It was like being inside of a zoo, circus, and film all at once. The streets of Cologne were covered in every sort of costume both imaginable and never thought of. By day six of Carnival, the costumes and the streets were clear indications of the end of the season and the approaching of the 40 days of Lent. Dirty, torn, broken in, and sickened from days of drinking, the locals were clearly ready for a change (in both wardrobe and habit). I was anticipating the following days for a completely different reason. With my bag packed and the remainder of my belongings already far ahead of me, I am sitting at my gate awaiting my flight arrival. I leave behind a lot of people that I love and a country that became a second home in just a few short months. Will it be a new adventure or a complete disaster?  The only way to find out is to go.  After all, they say you can always go home. 






No comments:

Post a Comment