Tuesday, February 7, 2012

ERN

My friend got diagnosed with a serious form of cancer and that has really been making me contemplate the nature of my daily worries recently.

She is conquering all the fear with leaping, bounding success. This girl is not ordinary by any means.  At 25 years old, she boats a life of successes and victories. And this new challenge is daunting to her, no doubt, but her attitude is revolutionary. Let me explain...

Cancer? I've got this. Chemo? Bring it on! Shaving my head? I'll look better that way.

I am so proud of her bravery and courage, but I feel so proud to know her because she has stayed unapologetically and proudly herself through the whole process.  She is still finding herself, still learning, still discovering, accomplishing, achieving, loving, and mostly being Teri Jo.


No comments:

Post a Comment