Friday, September 18, 2015

Deja Vu

The landscape is vast, blending purple, blue, and grey hues all together at once.  The stark, white snow dots the view-filling landscape.  It is one of those views that is so large, it takes several frames of view to see it all at once, to capture it all in your mind.  I try to peer out of the plane window to see the top of the mountains, but even as I strain my neck to an impossible position, it is plainly out of sight.  The bumpy road takes me and a small group of fellow travelers, none of whom speak my language, to a tiny shack of a home on one of the hills in the foot of the shadowy mountains.  

I continually have the same dream repeatedly and consistently, almost like it has happened or is going to happen.

I still dream of this seemingly unknowable, unthinkable place, but to my mind, it does actually exist.  For me, during the day, I let my mind wander.  In my heart, I know exactly where it is. 

Just because you have not visited a place, seen a sight, or felt a feeling does not mean that it is obsolete.  It is there. Find it, or it will find you...often on its own in a delightfully sneaky sort of way. It always seems to be a journey, whatever the goal. And who knows?  Maybe we really have been there before after all.

Icy Strait, Glacier Bay, Alaska



No comments:

Post a Comment