Thursday, October 6, 2011

Winds of change

Apple crumble is in the oven and the smell of cinnamon fills the kitchen. I sit here inside sipping my hot tea watching the wind whip the leaves around in the backyard. The trees give way to the breeze, swaying and shifting as though to say hello, or probably in this season, goodbye. It is just chilly enough to need a light jacket and scarf. The sky threatens rain, but really I know its' old trick... I have watched a sky much like this back home. The rain here is non-invasive, introducing itself only in light drizzles on and off all day long. I can hear the bells from St. Ursula more clearly now from my bedroom window as the leaves are beginning to turn and fall, covering the landscape in a blanket of red, orange, and yellow.

The wind is blowing through the open window in the sun room and I tuck my head down further into my scarf. This, to me at least, is my favorite type of autumn.

1 comment:

  1. So when are you going to start writing your book? Because this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete