Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Nights We Felt Alive

Glimmers of light began to peek through the pub window on Friday night that turned into a Saturday morning. I yawned and stretched and peeked at the time: seven o'clock. Good morning, Deutschland. The music played on and I continued dancing knowing that these moments were going to eventually come to an end, as all good things do. I glanced over at my friends and thought back through the memories that surrounded this finite place that had become home. The laughter and the music ensnared us all in the same moment. The sky outside, blue and grey from the clouds above was soon filled with white. The snow began to fall rapidly and a someone shouted, "Es schneit!" (It's snowing) I grabbed Byron's hand and we ran out the door laughing, smiling, playing. I remember thinking to myself that I felt so alive. I felt so loved. I felt so myself. That night will forever and always remain a perfect memory.





1 comment:

  1. So very happy for you best friend! This makes me smile! you so deserve all the best memories and all the best things you felt that night!

    ReplyDelete